The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I luv New Year's Eve in Sydney.

Sydney has to be without a doubt THE best place to be for NYE. This was the second time I've seen them (in person, not on TV) and they are definitely worth the however million dollars that they divert from funding our health system... hehe.

NYE is always an interesting time. People make lots of well meaning resolutions that usually turn out to last about the length of a cricket test. Last night a med student who will be at "The Zoo" this year asked me what my NY resolution was. I told him it was to be mean to my med students and make them do all the PRs (rectal exams for those of you who were smart enough to not do med) for me. So watch out you little platelets aggregating in my corridors!

My Mum and Dad had their very first date on NYE many eons ago... apparently that was in the days before they used to explode half of the Harbour Bridge in pyrotechnical displays. But this now gives Dad the opportunity to make those inevitable jokes about how they had different fireworks on the bridge so many years ago (yes it makes me wanna throw up too!)

But I digress... so anyway a whole bunch of us medsticks went to my friend C's penthouse apartment for NYE and overlooked the entire harbour. We ate awesome food (thanks to her mum!) and then watched the first ste of fireworks and then, as only medsticks would do on NYE... we watched Scrubs... how nerdy are we?

But it was cool and we even managed to squeeze in a game of "The Simpsons" board game which led to a rather interesting impersonation of a euphonium, an invisible card trick and someone trying to eat something that tasted disgusting?? I still don't get what the goal of the game was... but it was fun!

So anyway... midnight rolled around and we farewelled 2005 and said hello to 2006. What a big year it has been... too mcuh stuff has gone on to fit it all in this post... but let's just say I'm glad its over!

Let's hope I'm not working ED next NYE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home