The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly...

The Good:
Getting a free Christmas lunch at work with hot chicken and salad followed by yummy mud cake. The bosses decided to splash out and suprise us all which was very nice of them and meant I actually got fed for once in ED.

The Bad:
Finding out I had a patient call up over the weekend and complain that I sent her home when she couldn't walk. To be honest, she was treated very quickly because we had a lot of other people waiting. And I DID make sure she had crutchs and asked the nurses to make sure she was ok befroe she left. Anyway, yeah in an ideal world I shoudl have done better but honestly, we had no registrar to cover us so we were pretty snowed under... just cranky that after trying to help these people they still complain... as my Mum would say... "If you're gonna die... go die quietly in the corner and don't make a mess on my nice clean floor"


The Ugly:
My face. Mum and Dad got me an electric razor for Christmas and so after years of using the cream and razor it's time to go electric. However according to some random site I Googled about tips for achieving a smooth shave it takes 1 month for the epithelial scar tissue to change (when you blade it you scar the underlying skin each time whereas with electric you dont) and during this time apparently one's face is supposed to undergo some weird skin remodelling. And so it's kinda uncomfortable and rough, but hopefull in a few weeks time my face will have evolved into a more electric-friendly protoplasm to deal with.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Martyn said...

Is that a classy photo or what?!?

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! The things you can learn about on the net..
"electric-friendly protoplasm" i love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home