The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Full circle

Happy New Year and happy birthday to my blog.

After 1 year and 127 posts, some of you crazy kids are still bothering to read my ramblings and so I guess I'll just keep on typing away.

It is now the dawn of a new year and the sun is shining brightly through my window.

"What a big year it has been... too much stuff has gone on to fit it all in this post... but let's just say I'm glad its over! Let's hope I'm not working ED next NYE!"
- The Intern Experiment Jan 1st 2006
Seems I was very keen to leave 2005 behind last year. If only I had known what 2006 would be like, perhaps I would have been less hasty to rush headlong into what this past year entailed. And so I'll repeat the same things I did last year... I'm glad 2006 is over. It's been a year of beginnings and endings... of intense joy and pain and a new depth to life that I didn't know existed.
I spent NYE this year at a friend's house. He graciously invited me over to join his dinner party where we ate good food, played some fun games and ushered in the new year watching fireworks from his rooftop and on television. It was just what I needed.

The fireworks pierced the black sky showering their light into the darkness. And I felt like the angst of the past was being washed away to make room for a New year. The cracking of the gunpowder... breaking the silence in my life.
It's time for a new beginning. Time to shed the skin of last year and walk boldly into the opportunities of 2007. So a Happy New Year (xing nian kwai lei) to all you blog readers out there. May your 2007 be full of joy and fond memories!

"Until next time, stay classy Sand Diego"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home