The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Phone calls and Phood

One of the med students today said it was time for us interns to move on back to Sydney because we had tried all the good food in Whoop Whoop and found it lacking (meatballs and soggy noodles are not a real lunch.. even the crusty sandwiches looked nicer than the fake meat)

I must say, being fed lunch every day at hospital sounded quite good until they started trying to poision us with quiche (which was severly berated by the orthopaedic consultant as 'un-orthopaedic' cos it was vegetarian) and other assorted anomalies of cuisine.

I'm almost looking forward to buying my own lunch back in Sydney at The Zoo. I must try to convince some of my 4th year proteges to go and fetch food for me in return for me supplying them with teaching/tutorials/PR-exams.

Today Dr D was making a phone call to radiology and she trying to squeeze a Xray out of them. They asked which consultant the patient under and Dr D wasn't sure if it was Dr Rankin or Dr Wagner and so as she tried to explain it, it kinda all came out wrong and she said:

"I think the patient is under Dr Wa@#er?"

Poor girl!

Only 3 sleeps left till we all go home... it's gonna be a hot 8.5 hour drive and hopefully I'll beat Dr E and her bf L home in my speedy new car. Unfortunately I'm gonna miss the ultra low petrol prices up here (apparently the Qld government subsides petrol up here or something??) but I am def looking forward to seeing everyone back home again...

And especially get some of that good old bubble tea back into my GIT! Yummo!

Who are those randoms in the picture? Man I long for those kinda fun times in the Dungeon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home