The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Oh What a Feeling!



Today I finally got my brand new car.

If it is possible to be in love with a piece of machinery then I am.

Ode to my car
O car,
You take me very far
You shine like a star
You drive on tar
Your brand is Toyota
Your name is Corolla#

Pretty good huh? Haha! As the old proverb* goes, "If you can't get a girlfriend... get a car!"

But seriously, this car is very cool (and at the price it's put me in debt it had better be)... after having to PT (public transport) and 'scab' (get lifts off my very very very generous med and church friends) I can finally go wherever I want whenever I want. It also means when I'm too lazy to walk to The Zoo to work, I can drive there and pay their ridiculous car park fees.

I bought a Toyota Corolla Ascent Wagon Auto with "Shimmer" metallic paint and window tinting (yet to be put on). She drives like a dream, is extremely fuel efficient and has lots of room to transport stuff in. So if any of you out there need a lift, let me know!

I've fully insured her cos last year my mate B parked his car outside my place and this guy smashed into the back of his car then did a runner leaving B with one really smashed up car. My street is pretty bad for that cos it is a link between 2 pretty big arterial roads in Sydney which means that people go down it to avoid the traffic lights on another road but our street is not wide enough to take all the traffic. It's times like this I wish I had a garage!

Tonight I'm gonna drive my little baby to the airport to pick up my sister whose just been working in America for 2 years as an "au pair" (a posh sounding "nanny"). Should be good to see her again...


# the Corolla was named Australia's 3rd most popular car today after the stalwart Commodre and Falcon and is THE highest selling small car in Australia. Toyota also recorded the highest volume of sales overall in a year that saw Australians buy almost 1 million cars despite rising petrol costs.

* this may not actually be an old proverb at all, but rather Dr J's random views on life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home