The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Glimpse of Freedom

Yesterday was one of those awesome days.

Somehow I managed to score my ADO and so I had an entire 24 hours to myself on a weekday with no commitments.

So what did a busy intern do with his day off?

Not much to be honest.

Woke up late and watched the season finale of Lost from America which ended with all 3 flatmates yelling and screaming at the computer screen in frustration as our questions were kinda answered with more questions and the depressing fact of a 1 year wait for the new season.

Went into the city to meet Dr E from work for lunch and then a 'shopping' trip. Ended up getting some new shoes for work, a new leather 'man's' wallet (time to ditch the teenager surfie brand thing) and those longsleeved Giordano T's I've been waiting to get (seeing as my pseudoex-wife didnt get them when she was in HK recently)

It was nice to just meander aimlessly like a cow around the city streets and actually get some sunlight to prevent my Vitamin D deficiency induced rickets.

Went out for dinner in Newtown for Thai with some mates before graduating from theological college for my correspondence course.

Days like these make up for days like today where I am stuck in hospital from 8am till 11pm dealing with old sick people who are moaning on and on...

I've realised that I am developing an intolerance for sickness which is kinda bad for someone working as a doctor. I get really annoyed when people page me cos the patient's condition is declining. My altuism from yonder years has dwindled and now all thats left is a resentment for making me have to write in the notes or stab someone with a cannula.

Only another 30 days till my next ADO...

1 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know why i didn't get you those long-sleeved t shirts right? coz when i was back in hk , weather was so hot that Giordanos there were only selling short sleeves and no longer selling any long-sleeved shirts =P

just becoz i didnt buy you shirts, doesnt mean that i dont care about you, ok? hehe..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home