The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fallout

So what happened?

Well to sum up, we spent the last few days enjoying the beautiful city of Sydney and eating some very exotic cuisine (never tried kangaroo till last week!) and then said a very emotional farewell at the airport on Sunday morning. As she left the country I felt a part of me had left with her...

But life goes on. Despite my desires for the world to stop and lament with me, the sun still rose, the drone of everyday activities kept humming and the daily mundane numbed the recent scars.

Thanks to all for the enouraging blog comments! And to those of you who have talked with me, I do appreciate it... talking through things helps get them out of my system.

So where to from here?

Well according to the SMH's well researched blog (http://blogs.smh.com.au/samandthecity/archives/2006/07/would_you_reloc.html), LDRs (long distance relationships) are the 'in' thing.

But yeah, S and I will keep in contact as friends... and who knows, one day I may end up in her homeland again? But I cannot give her the expectation that it will happen. Because it most likely will not.

And so I'll dedicate this last song to her...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJR7SJuT-OI&search=sun%20yanzi

Translation: "Tears turned into a Poem"

I've already turned my wounds into roses
My tears have already turned into rain and come again.
I've already stored up our conversations eternally
I can't remember if the sky is black or grey

When we break up, who gets hurt the most? Who makes it beautiful?
I've written my tears into a poem and now it's okay. Don't you remember?
The words don't make people drunk, they get drunk of their own accord;
Because the memories are so beautiful.

I've already turned insult into compliment
For you thought you were inferior; you thought you were not good enough so you said goodbye?

I've already turned the silence into sorry
I have no way to return, I can only face this with silence.

Zai jian MC...

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Jess Joseph said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Jess Joseph said...

Saying goodbye is definitely one of the hardest things to do. I'm a very emotional person when it comes it most relationships. I remember coming to Sydney from SIngapore in my 1st year. I was in tears throughout the flight & over the next few weeks. I get emotional at weddings too, if I'm close to the couple.

But that's the nature of relationships. At one point you just have to learn to say goodbye, even for a short while. That's something I'm still learning to do. But chin up, we have a relationship with God which is never-changing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home