The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Family relations

Sister got back ok... has an awful American accent though (sorry A... but you do!) and one of those very cool video iPods (must say it makes my iPod shuffle look like a piece of junk)

We had an early breakfast together which was very cool. We ate at the motel and they had unlimited servings of juicy bacon, perfectly cooked eggs, sausages and hash browns. I ate so much to get the most out of the money Dad paid for it. Nuthing like a good greasy breakfast to kick start the day...(well not actually kick start it cos as soon as they left I went home and slept)

She also brought an Austrian (not Australian) friend back with her and A was trying to con her friend into eating Vegemite. I really cannot fathom why they invented that stuff. It smells awful and looks like the poo of a sick person. Not exactly Australia's finest export... but apparently it "puts the rose in every cheek"... pfff*!

Speaking of families I said I'd explain how I managed to end up with a pseudo ex-wife. Well in my 4th year of med school I was shafted out to the country for 6 weeks with one of the girls in my year named C. She and I used to argue about stuff and S said that we were fought like an old married couple. So we joked that our trip to the country was our 'honeymoon'. Anyways to cut a long story short we ended up being referred to as the 'husband and wife' team in our clinical school.

The whole time though she had a boyfriend and so this year I decided that she had been 'cheating' on me by having a boyfriend on the side when she got married. And so I divorced her. And hence I now have a pseudo-ex-wife named C.

However to further complicate things I also gained a "pseudo-mistress" due to the fact that I got a lift with S every day and played "Big2" (card game similar to Emperor/Scum) and C saw this as a sign of infidelity to our pseudo-marriage and so I had a very bizarre system of relationships happening in my med school days.

So there you have it... and if you understood half of that you're doing well... and if you have no idea how it all works... it's no big loss.

By the way a big hi to both my pseudo ex-wife C and my pseudo mistress S! Gonna miss those gals next year when I'm working.

*Sorry S for stealing your line.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger zhinger said...

the S that said you fought like an "old married couple" with C is NOT the same S that later became your "pseduo-mistress", right?? cos if S brought you and C together initially, she must've been pretty mad with herself to later become your "pseduo-MISTRESS" ONLY.

as you can see, i am bored.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger josh ... said...

yojimbo

lol...
"It smells awful and looks like the poo of a sick person"

too right :)

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yous are just so unAustralian

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger josh ... said...

updaaaaaaaaaaaate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home