The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Dancing with the Stars...

Today Mr-I'm gonna-build-a-mosque was dancing around the wards. Obviously our medication is so fantastic that he just cannot contain his joy and he feels the need to waltz to the music playing from the television. It's pretty funny but I dare not laugh lest I disturb his artistic interpretation.

He went for a head CT today and afterwards wanted to know if he actually HAD a brain. So I reassuringly turned the computer screen towards the glass so he could verify that he is in fact filling his cranium with something other than sawdust.

Got to chat to one of the patients today who is convinced that we are all being microchipped like pets and all she wants to talk about are primates. Another one is convinced we are all being watched by cameras (she's right to some extent... hehehe)

All in all a pretty quiet day in the dungeon.

Decided to go down to Gloria Jeans for an iced chocolate at lunchtime and got really excited cos Tuesday is the "2 stamps with one purchase" day but when I got back I realised that she only gave me ONE stamp on my card! I don't know why, but I felt really ripped off after that (how stingy am I becoming?)

On the bright side of life, I finally finished my Korean soap opera and the guy and the girl finally got together. Wasn't as good as "Crying out Love in the Centre of the World" though; which would have to be my all time fav Asian soap cos the last episode just really really rocks... so sad! So I guess this weekend when I go back to Sydney I should probably look around for another English-subtitled Asian soapie to keep me occupied.

Still in a lot of pain from getting sunburnt at the beach the other day. I inadvertantly attempted a randomised control trial to see the effects of sunscreen against a control. I put sunscreen on one arm and started talking to one of the registrars and forgot to put it on my other arm. So when we got back home I realised one arm looked normal and the other one was bright red and hurt like hell. I HATE having such white skin. It's times like these I wish I had more melanin. It's finally starting to be a little less painful but it is still not cool... I'm gonna need so many SCC's and BCC's cut out of my body when I get older... another reason to die young I say!

Well it's time to go for a swim and eat some leftover chicken stir fry (I am a huge fan of those "WokStar: sweet chilli and lemongrass" bottles and have been eating stirfry way too much - but seriosuly stir fry is cheap, tasty, quick and healthy for you.. so why not?)

Will write again when I'm a year older.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Martyn said...

And I hate having white skin too!! I went to the beach the other day with my work mates and had to wait a few hours while they (all asian or indian) frolicked in the surf =(

What's an SCC/BCC?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger J said...

SCC= Squamous cell carcinoma
BCC = Basal Cell Carcinoma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home