The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Let's talk about the weather...

Ok... now not to sound like I've run out of things to talk about... but I HAVE to talk about the weather today.

I have decided that white boys are NOT genetically suited to tropical humid weather. Must be something about my European genetics which prefer the cold to the heat... like even my adipose and hair distribution is all geared towards living in a cold climate... maybe I should become a missionary to Siberia or something and live in an igloo?

Yesterday we went to a nearby village to go to the local markets and it was so absolutely sticky and hot and humid. I felt like throwing up and passing out from the heat and it did not subside the whole time.

To make matters worse I went with 4 girls which meant what could have been a 30 minute perusal turned into a 4 hour trek stopping at every stall to 'um' and 'ah' about whether to buy 'organic donuts' or not. Normally I can deal with that (because having 3 sisters has trained me well in the art of pointless window shopping for extended periods of time) but yesterday the absolutely awful humidity (worse than Singapore!) made it unbearable... I got home and had to sleep with the aircon on at 16 degrees to stop mysefl from getting sick... and just in case you thought I am exaggerating... my car windscreen fogged up... from the outside... because the warm humid air fogged up on the outside of the car's windscreen so I had to use my wipers to get rid of it every 5 seconds.

Otherwise it was a pretty fun weekend... saw Memoirs of a Geisha for the 2nd time... which was just as good on the repeat viewing... I luv the cinematograpghy in the film; especially the fast paced blurred camera angles they use in the opening sequence to convey the confusion of the young girl being torn away form her family... very well done!

Booked my flights home to Sydney today... can't wait to have a 'birthday' weekend back home to just hang out with friends and see people again... starting to lose my sanity sitting in the psych wards.

Been watching some more Korean soap over the weekend. Have decided that Koreans on the whole are very violent people. But its a very sweet kinda drama and if the 2 lead characters just told each other how they felt then it would have been over in the first episode but they drag it out for hour after hour and sadly we just keep watching... and they keep saying "Aza Aza... fighting!" at random intervals... hmm.. maybe a Korean reader can fill me in on what that's all about?

Psychiatry itself is boring. I'm trying to find stuff to occupy the day... I look forward to going home and count the minutes until home time... this is pretty bad! Can't wait to be 'busy'... (I know that sounds awful to you other 'terns')

Still trying to lose some weight but not successful so far cos on Friday we went out to try some of Australia's BEST pork... and it certainly tasted fine to me! Mmmm! Spending way too much on food but what the hell, it's nice to be able to eat out now and not worry about the bill! After we finished dinner that night one of the registrars (who had had maybe a bit too much wine) said "Wow look at that other restaurant over there... it must be so popular ... look at all the expensive cars in the car park!"...
I kinda looked stunned for a few seconds before replying;
"Um sorry T...
but that's a car yard!"

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Conflictiva said...

Hi Dr. J! I really like your blog, too bad you can't read mine cause it's in spanish. Maybe I should blog something in english for you ozzies?
Catch you later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home