The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell..."

Today was lots of fun down in the dungeon.

Met the incarnation of Ra (the Egyptian sun-god) who apparently has a pyramid in Antarctica (which apparently also includes Tasmania - I'm happy to cede Tasmania to Antarctica).

Met a Buddhist/Hindu priest who isn't Catholic but is in contact with Carl (the new Pope) and thinks he's alright.

Met the 'real' father of Mischa Barton (apparently he adopted her becasue he can't father real children because his magic sperm will kill any babies that might be growing in utero)

I was trying really hard not to laugh during the interviews today... it lightens my day...

Last night was communal cooking night and K whipped up an amazing Chicken Risotto which apparently she got from her mum's Weight Watchers cookbook (so it was healthy too!)

Watched some good ole Home and Away (and laughed at the bizzareness of the storyline) and then watched my second ever episode of House... I love watching medical dramas with other doctors/med-students... so much more to talk about!

Tonight we have plans to go to the pub and eat steak... I LUV the steak up here (had an awesome $20 steak last Friday night which hit the spot!) I think I need to increase my haemoblogin cos for the past 2 days I've been feeling really run down in the mornings... and in true med-student style I'm convinced I have TB or something... so I might go to the staff health clinic and get a Mantoux done (plus my routine serology for health workers)... I gotta find stuff to do cos the dungeon is so boring!

Well I better go now... free lunch starts in 10 minutes and we gotta beat the med students... (I realise now why intenrs hated med students... cos they eat OUR food when we are the ones wokring hard and all they do is ask dumb questions (as I once did) and scab our free stuff... grrr! Don't worry I'll be nice to my POW ones... hehehe...

Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home