The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

3am (I must be lonely)

So far so good.

It's 3am and so far no one has died... no one has crashed and required a met call ... no one has paged me in 2 hours.

I could get used to this.

Spent today sleeping until 3pm and then did some shopping at the local mall.

All the 'terns, RMOs and regs went out for dinner tonight and I had another nice steak... but the conversation was very bizarre.

Dr H talked about her favourite pastime of "sticking one's hand up someone's armpit all day long" and Dr V began to tell us about "special thing that I do in the shower" (really... too much information!)

It's so quiet right now being in the hospital alone.

There's no beeping of medical machinery... no melodic pagers going off... no elevators 'ping'-ing their heralds... no med students discussing the latest Isaac's sign*

Just the dull droning hum of the airconditioning.

It's so black outside. No lights other than the glow of the LCD monitor and it could be anytime between 8pm and 5am... I have no idea...

Am very tempted to drink some Coke but am persuaded perhaps I should sleep and then go with the 'terns to Byron after my shift...

Bought a copy of "Backstreet Boys Greatest Hits Volume 1" today... how sad is that? But I must say I DO like some of their early stuff... it's great driving music... haha!

* Isaac's sign does not really exist. It was a construction of the USyd and NewcU students in order to trick Dr E's boyfriend L into looking it up. he became very worried that he did not know about Isaac's sign and it's relation to bacterial endocarditis so he spent an entire weekend scouring the textbooks/net for it only to find out it was an iatrogenic joke played upon him. I still laugh out loud when I think about it. Hehehe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home