The Intern Experiment Ninja!

The life of a first year doctor... it's ups and downs and anything else random that happens.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Culinary Cruise

Weekend back in Sydney was amazing.

Spent the whole time eating I think.

Eating Thai with church buddies, eating brunch with my sister (and her cute Eurasian baby), eating Italian with hospital buddies, eating yum cha with med friends, eating Indonesian with mission people, eating brunch on Coogee Beach with other med nerds...

I think I put on all that weight I lost over 5 weeks in Whoop Whoop in 4 days in Sydney.

Sigh...

Was so good to see everyone again.

To share those amusing anecdotes common to all first year interns, to reminesce about our freedom as med students (and even re-live those viva-sessions at Kogarah Gloria Jeans)... was kinda weird on the Friday and Monday though becasue all my uni friends were now busy working at hospital. So unless my friends take the same weeks off I realised that my holidays will be pretty lonely from now on.

Being back in Sydney made me realise just how important family and friends are and was so encouraging to just chill with everyone.

Was also good to spend some of my pay on 'stuff'.... like the Firefly DVD boxed set (please bring it back to TV!) and the Serenity movie DVD (if you haven't seen it go rent it NOW!) and CD's and a new watch. Selling my soul at the temple of consumerism known as Westfield. It's amazing how discontent the shopping centre makes you.

I live my life for weeks being content with what I have but as soon as I step into their airconditioned palace I begin to sucumb to the cries for consumption.

"Buy me! I'm on sale!"

"You're life is second rate unless you buy _____."

I walk around 'wanting' more and 'needing' less.

Anyway, enough existential pondering. It's back to the real world of psychiatry and I'm glad to see that none of my patients have improved in the past 4 days and I still have little work to actually do.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger josh ... said...

firefly isn't really that great.... heheh.. anyway there's more wholesome stuff to spend money on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home